Be our first dedicated automation tester
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced QA Automation Engineer to join our dynamic Lancashire based technology team. As our first dedicated QA Automation Tester you will be responsible for writing, maintaining, developing, enhancing and executing automated test scripts to ensure the highest quality software applications.
You’ll join our Leyland based QA team, testing cutting edge applications and products end to end, at the user level and code level, both manually and with automated tools.
The UK team is part of the wider global testing team, utilizing an automation testing environment already in-place in Cairo, Egypt.
You'll develop an understanding of our Netix platform and software internally and our client business requirements, helping drive refinement, debugging problems and writing manual and automated tests cases with scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools.
You’ll also help to train and upskill the UK QA team on automation tools and techniques
- The first dedicated automation tester in the team
- Create, maintain, and enhance automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and programming language Java
- Train other QA team members on automation testing
- Review and analyze application specifications and requirements
- Collaborate with QA Testers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Collaborate with developers and QA team members to identify and prioritize test cases for automation. help troubleshoot issues
- Develop automated performance tests using Selenium to assess the application's responsiveness and stability under different load conditions.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior QA engineers, sharing you knowledge and expertise
Ideally a strong background in software development, excellent problem-solving skills, and a passion for delivering high-quality software solutions
- Solid understanding of web technologies with Java being the main focus
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and tools such as Selenium
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Git) and continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Basic knowledge of database management systems (e.g., SQL) to perform database validations and verifications in automated tests.
- Experience with test management tool Jira for creating test cases, managing test execution, and tracking defects.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once
- You like to explore new technologies on your own, and find yourself learning faster than others
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify, troubleshoot, and debug issues in automated test scripts and the CI/CD pipeline.
Words from our recruitment team
Hello, I'm Paul - my team and I manage the Internal Recruitment function for the Cegedim businesses across the UK. I'm always happy to hear from you, whether you are applying for a specific vacancy, want to know about upcoming opportunities or just want to have a chat about working here. You can contact me at email@example.com or on 020 3411-2022 (ext. 5) or the team on firstname.lastname@example.org